Monday, June 30, 2008

Musikh Monday - The B's

Khyra's Mom 'hear' since it 'B' Musikh Monday! I've been kikhking around the many choices that impakhted me growing up. I khould inkhlude Bread, or The Babys but I've decided to touch on two other B groups.

Please don't laugh BUT The Bee Gees certainly had a strong influence on the musikh of 'my generation' - they really were talented songwriters with this song never failing to raise goosebumps for me. During the past few years, there have been several mining 'disasters' that made that song so appropriate. Of course, The Bee Gees will be forever tied to Saturday Night Fever - yes, a movie that kind of captures 'my' era.

Another B group that khame to mind is Bad Khompany - and in partikhular "Run with the Pakhk" . Paul Rogers voice is just - well - JUST! And of khourse, being owned by a Siberian surely involves lots of running with the pakhk!

My NEW era B is Bakhk Door Slam - and of khourse, another Siberian themed song - Baby Khome Home!

I also khould have inkhluded two other B's that I've really gotten into within the past five or ten years: Bob Marley and Bob Dylan. I was never much into them bakhk 'then' BUT I've soooo developed an appreciation for them!

Well, there you have it! Another Musikh Monday!!

Khyra rekhwested I pass along her usual hugz&khysses and tell woo she's resting up fur tuemorrow!

Khyra's Mom

PeeEssWoo: Silly me! I furgot a VERY important B artist responsible for a very special song and video: Bright Eyes 'First Day of my Life' and lyrikhs. This is fur Khyra and for another special person in my life.

16 comments:

Jack & Moo said...

A-wowza! That khid khan really belt it out! He sounds so mature for a young pup. Never heard of these guys - but I think everybody will be hearing more of them!
Ahh, the BeeGees... humom says she hasn't thought about that song for a loooong time.

Woos & a-rooos,
Star & Jack a-roo

The Daily Echo said...

Ahh yes - the Bee Gees. Mom has one of their CDs in the Jeep. She says it launches her back in time - whatever that means. I don't know why she'd want to go back to anywhere since she has us now.
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

We have the Back Door Slam CD you sent us right by the computer so we can pop it in and listen to it! HA ROOO!
Did that BeeGees song come out when "Timothy" was out? I do believe that was a "B" group, too - the Buoys?
Have a rockin' day!
Play bows,
Zim

Gaia the Airedale said...

I dont even know who any of those bands are! hehe oh well, I trust you, you are Khyras mom!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That other special person in your life besides Khyra is probably me.

XOXO (for the mom),
Steve

Joe Stains said...

That Bee Gees song is great. My Mom's family were miners in Western PA, she really likhed it!

One of the pack said...

Good B's!!!
How about Barbara Streissand and even more important...Boston!

Let's Here it for the Boys or B's.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

oh ya Saturday Night Fever.. Wow You forgot about Saturday nights for fighting. hehe
Yepper we have a new sister. Check out her bio on our page..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Amici said...

You really love music! Keep up the good jive!

Teddy Westlife said...

Ahhh the BeeGees. We have a lot of their music. Mum plays it on her iPod a lot.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Kapp pack said...

Mom says Baby Come Home was written just for me!

Kisses, Sky boy

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's nice to have musikh monday so that it wouldn't be so blue for us. :)

~ Girl girl

Simcha said...

My Mom remembers most those songs, though she never heard or seen the last video/song and she wanted me to tell you that she loved loved loved it. It was by far her favorite.

Simcha

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

Have you recovered from your busy week-end? You have sleep poses like me! K also loves the Bee Gees. Her favorite song is "Nights On Broadway." I prefer the sound of the pitter-patter of bunny feet in the snow. Now that is music to my ears!

bye!

Suka

Khady Lynn said...

My human woman use to love the BeeGees when she was younger!!

Holly

Tucker said...

Sorry! The Human Assistant pushed the wrong button last time!

I don't know any of these humans. But the Human Assistant says Dylan was great in his early days.

He played a khoostikh guitar. Wrote amazingly fantastikh songs. And had a voice that made dogs sing!

But H.A. says you should save him for the Zs.

You khould use Britney or Beyoncé...!

H.A. also says that the Bs he grew up with were Bakh, Beethoven, and Brahms.

His vote for next week is Chopin. "Who khould ever forget," H.A. asks, "the third movement of Chopin's immortal sekhond piano sonata?"

This is supposed to be a joke. The third movement is also khalled The Funeral March.

Dum dum da-dum....

Funeral, immortal.... ::sigh::